Thursday, January 8, 2009

4) working at Hollywood Studios

the cast member who told me where I was working the second day I was at vista asked me “guess where you are working” I first guessed magic kingdom, then epcot, and the animal kingdom… I couldn’t remember the name of Hollywood studios. My response was something like oh I guess the studio one.

I had no idea what to expect. I had no idea how horrible or great my costume would be. After my first traditions I went to studios with a group of people and tried to look for where I looked.
But I had no idea where or what “left block merchandise” was.

But after I was finally able to reschedule my traditions and start work the next week. I realized my costume wasn’t that bad.
I mean panty hoes and wearing a pair of short/skirt combination up to my belly button stinks.. but it was still better then what they had to wear at animal kingdom.
I went through my first day of training with Megan (I later became friends with her) and our trainer was fred. The first day of training went by just fine.
But after the second day of training with this guy who was younger then me teaching me how to do everything I wanted to quit. I officially hated my job and even more I hated having to count back change the Disney way.

On my third day I hated it even more. I had to work the main entrance cart. (all by myself). I caught myself lying to guest. Trying to make it seem like I knew what I was talking about. And I also had to wear the hideous green costume. (and it was really really hot out)
But that soon changed some where in july ( I think). I began to embrace the block party bash and come to love high school musical 2. I became excited when I got hub carts and I could watch the parade, hsm2 and see the 4 and 5 o’clock characters come out.
I also started to love and wish it would rain every day.
Something happened and I decided that studios was my favorite park and I saw my self going there to play more and more.

Because I worked at studios I know love high school musical and I am completely okay with dancing like an idiot when I hear the block party bash music. (I am sure I will catch my self on youtube looking for both of those when I get home.)

No comments: