My name tag says "the University of Iowa" instead of my hometown. I sometimes get random comments from people being like, "Oh look, she is not from a town, just a place," and then I have to spend a couple of minutes explaining it to them. I also get some people who say things like, "Oh, my daughter's name is kelsey, and she is from Iowa," but the people I enjoy the most just say they are from Iowa or know someone who graduated from Iowa. These people are nice people who don't expect you to hold a long intense conversation with them
Yesterday, it was muggy and rained a little bit, so I was expecting very few people to be in the parks, but I was wrong. Yesterday was probably the busiest day I have worked yet. And, of course, around 9:00, when we are getting a lot of people that are leaving the parks for the end of the night. A random guy walks up to me and awkwardly starts talking to me.
He says he is from the quad cities, and I do my normal Iowa bit... like I hope you are not a cyclone bc then I am not going to be able to talk to you. (I know I am funny). But of course, he actually graduated from Iowa State. We started talking about my major, and he is one of those people who don't understand political science majors. I have to explain to him what I want to do with the rest of my life. Then he kind of ruined my dream by saying it was unrealistic (PS I want to make campaign commercials), and then he just continued to talk to me awkwardly (I mean, he was just a very awkward person... I mean, very, very awkward person). He stands there while I am helping out other guests. Finally, his family comes up to check out, and I find out his wife graduated from Iowa, so we talk a little about that. His family also buys postcards, and I sell them stamps, none of them even know how to address a postcard, or they have no idea where to put the stamps.. so I have to explain it all to them.
And after they are finished, they still stand there and talk to me about stuff that I don't really care about, but of course, I talk to them in my nice Disney way because I don't want to get in trouble.
in conclusion, I had to talk to this boring person who graduated from Iowa State for a good 20 minutes because I was trying to be a good cast member.
Oh, and I don't think I mentioned this earlier, but every weekend this month is Star Wars weekend, and they have various celebrities come. I guess today, the original dark Vader is coming, and he hasn't been here for 13 years. So last night, when I got off work at 1:00 am, there was already a line of people to get into the parks. (people are crazy)
5 comments:
random people from iowa sound annoying ;)
yay for more posts :)
ok i will try this one more time. it is hard to teach an old brain new tricks
ok kelsey. if i was in FL. and i met someone named Kelsey, I also would say, oh i have a girl named kelsey and she from iowa too.. I would also say i have girls named Kassie, Kaci and kelsey also..it is hard to beat the system i had going there...
Thanks for writing this.
Post a Comment